Thursday, April 07, 2011

Update on my travels: November to January

My apologies to my faithful readers (all three of you) for the long delay in updating my blog. Since my last entry, I have:

- completed Grand Tour 2010-11
- had a 3-week break at home near Chennai
- started Spring Tour 2011
- joined the Great Circular Indian Railway Challenge for the southern portion of the circuit; and
- resumed Spring Tour 2011.

I left you hanging out at Royal Enfield's Second Annual Rider Mania at Vagator Beach, north Goa, in November 2010. Here's a write-up about the event on the Royal Enfield web site (link).

For me one of the highlights of the event was the group ride, with a couple of hundred bikes on a 20-km tour of the vicinity.

From Vagator I headed south to Agonda Beach for a short stay, before moving on to Gokarna. I wound up spending a full month in Gokarna, which has rapidly become one of my favourite destinations in India.

Spent Christmas in a friend's village near Shimoga, and New Year's with a friend in Coimbatore. Pongal was at a friend's village near Kumbakonam. Home to Chennai by the end of January, officially completing Grand Tour 2010-11. About 4000km in three months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home