Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Grand Tour 2012, Stage 3, Anandashram to Chennai

Yes, I know, it's been over a year since I last updated this blog. It's been on my to-do list for ages, and has finally percolated up to the top. Thanks to several of my faithful readers who keep prodding me to publish an update.

From Anandashram I took the Panathur road, crossing into Karnataka in Kodagu, and spent a few days at Palace Estate homestay, one of my all-time favourite places. Road conditions up to the border are very good, and the newly resurfaced highway to Madekeri is excellent, but the local road via Napoklu to Palace Estate is in great need of repaving.

I would have liked to have stayed at Palace Estate for Christmas, but they were already booked solid for the holiday period, so I headed to Mysore, stayed a few days, got my bike serviced, and then moved on to Sri Adi Chunchanagiri Mutt, where I stayed at the Ashram guest house for the week of Christmas to New Years. Of course Christmas is nothing special at a Hindu ashram, but it was packed for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Very festive.

Then back to Chennai in early January, completing Grand Tour 2012 in two months and 3,200 kilometers.

Spring Tour 2013 is next!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home